Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Ford Museum

The Ford Museum in Dearborn was on our things to do list while we were in Michigan.  It was a fun place to visit.  I think I liked the trains the best.  They had everything from the smallest streetcar to a workhorse of a train that must have been two stories tall.  Some of the very first "RV's" were on display along with the camping equipment of that era.  There were planes, motorcycles, and some of the coolest looking prototypes I've seen.  Then ..... there was the chocolate display.  Everything you can imagine made of chocolate or drenched with chocolate.  It was rich and dark and probably 1000 calories so my FC and I shared a fresh strawberries and white chocolate chips smothered in melted dark chocolate and mushed into a waffle cone.  Oh wow!  I can almost taste it now.  The cars were beautiful.  My FC dearly loved the red 400 GT racing car.  I loved the big yellow ??? (I have forgotten what it is).  I can just see myself driving this huge wonderful car.


After spending a couple of hours at the museum we took the bus trip to the Rouge assembly plant.  It was amazing.  Every step of the production line was like a choreographed dance.  We had a really good time and it was well worth the walking for hours and getting lost in Detroit.  That night we were so tired that we ate a light dinner and went to bed very early.

1 comment:

Pungo River Rambling said...

They all look so shiny. My car is dusty from having the garage door open and having a gravel/dirt road. Smile