Friday, March 13, 2009

Finished the Poncho


This was a "hurry-up" project that I zipped right through using Red Heart Tweed yarn. You can't tell by the picture but it is a child's size 6 and made from the Knitting Pure and Simple pattern. I made this for my sweet granddaughter. I started it a week before she came and finished putting the fringe on the night before she left. I'm glad to have put all my energies toward getting it done and I feel good about not adding it to my UFO list. Now I have picked out yarn to make a small Amigurumi giraffe as a gift for her for her upcoming birthday.

The day after my granddaughter left, I made a quick trip to see my sister and took along a pair of very nice socks that I had made from a Nancy Bush pattern. I used two skeins of KnitPicks Sock Garden in the Pansy colors. Although they seemed a little big when I finished them, I'm not too worried because I think they will shrink a little with washing. I forgot to take a picture of them but I'm hoping that I will get one later so that I can show them to you. I also gave her a gift of two skeins of the new "stretchy" sock yarn and we both started a pair of socks with that. Neither one of us like it very much. I am making the tube sock pattern that comes with the yarn and although it might be easy knitting, I still don't know how it is going to feel in a pair of shoes. It does stretch nicely, which for a tube sock is necessary, but so far, I really don't like the feel of it. I'll let you know if I change my mind when I've gotten them done and worn them.

Now I must put knitting, quilting and sewing aside and take up the electric sander and paint brush. My FC and I will be spending the next week or so sanding and painting the kitchen cabinets and having a new countertop and stove installed. In a house that is over 40 years old, I'd say that this job is long overdue.


This little picture was hanging in an antique shop not far from here. I'm hoping to one day make one of these to hang beside my bed. In all the years we have been married, my FC has never failed to kiss me goodnight but I just love this message and would love to have it hanging on my wall.

No comments: