Saturday, January 31, 2009

What happened to January?



One minute it just got here and the next minute it is almost gone. For me, the weeks just flew by. Christmas and New Year's Day came and went in a blink. Now that all the Christmas decorations have been put away and the hoopla of the inauguration is over, I feel more relaxed and ready to make plans for 2009.

Last week we had a snow storm that was certainly mild compared to what the northern states got but for North Carolina is was a lot of snow. It was Jessie's first snow. We love snow a lot but we didn't know how Jessie would react to it. Well, she loves it even more than we do. She played in it for hours and didn't want to come in the house. Even before we defrosted our toes, she begged to go back outside again. This dog was made for snow! We spent the day having fun with Jessie and refilling the bird feeders every few hours. You can see a woodpecker on the suet feeder and a cardinal waiting his turn. The other feeders were filled with goldfinches, chickadees, sparrows and purple finches. It really was a nice snow but only stayed a couple of days.

Today we are getting together our snacks so we can sit and watch the Super Bowl tomorrow. I didn't follow most of the games this year so I have no idea how these two teams ended up in this big game. Since I am originally an Ohio girl, I guess I should cheer for the Steelers. But really, I'm okay with either team winning. I hope it is an exciting game and may the best team win!

2 comments:

Pungo River Rambling said...

Great snow pictures.

Julie said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I have to tell you, your dog reminds me so much of my Golden Retriever, Penny. She loved the snow too. That could have been a picture of her, it looks so much like her - snowy nose and all. I don't know if you knew that we lost our Penny on Jan. 6.