Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Yin and Yang Bolero


Another UFO is finished. I started this sweater while I was in Maine a couple of years ago. If you are ever in the area of Ellsworth, you just have to drive a little bit up the coast to Hancock where Shirley's yarn shop is. It is a wonderful place. The pattern, by Knit One Crochet Too, suggests a cotton yarn called Ty-Dy but I fell in love with a yarn called Kathmandu DK from the Queensland Collection. It is 85% Merino Wool, 10% Silk and 5% Cashmere. The pattern starts at the bottom and works up over the shoulder and down the back so you only have side seams to stitch when it is done. I know you can't see the button but it actually is really beautiful and in the same colors as I chose for the sweater. The fit is really cute and I intend to wear it in the fall and winter with a solid color turtle neck. It is really too bad that I didn't get this done earlier in the year because we are now having daily temperatures in the 80s and 90s. So it has been carefully stored away and will come out again in November. I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Cute sweater.
The good thing about continuing to knit during the summer is you are all set when the cool weather arrives.

The puppy in your avatar is cute too.